The AP44 Autopilot Controller combines a full colour display with intuitive controls and modern glass helm styling. Free your hands from the wheel, cruise in comfort, and discover new ways to search for fish. Connect your chartplotter to enable waypoint navigation, and enjoy full autopilot control from compatible Simrad displays.
- Optically bonded 4.1-inch colour display
- Simple autopilot control with rotary dial and keypad
- Automated turn patterns for fuel-efficient, hands-free manoeuvres
- No Drift steering holds your course against wind and tide
- Depth contour tracking makes it easy to fish ledges and drop-offs
- Easy setup with auto tuning and calibration
- Low-profile glass helm design
- Low power consumption
Clear Views and Intuitive Control
The AP44 combines a full-colour graphical display with simple keypad and rotary-dial controls. This intuitive interface provides a clear view of autopilot status and easy access to all features. To ensure optimal visibility in all conditions, the AP44’s LCD panel is optically bonded to its protective glass covering; this eliminates the possibility of condensation or fogging within the display. Transflective LCD technology makes use of reflected sunlight to brighten rather than obscure the display, delivering superior day-time visibility and lower power consumption compared to traditional backlit displays.
Easy Access to Advanced Features
Your Simrad autopilot can do much more than keep you on course. The AP44 gives you easy access to a range of built-in turn patterns designed to assist with fishing, diving, or just making a quick and efficient U-turn. Choose a turn, select port or starboard, and you’re away. For more control, customise your turn pattern to execute complex spirals, zigzags, and other useful manoeuvres. No Drift Steering counteracts the effects of wind and tide; making it easy to maintain a straight track over ground on your current heading, without having to manually set a waypoint or route. Depth Contour Tracking works to maintain a constant depth of water beneath your boat, and is an ideal tool for fishing ledges and drop-offs.
Easy Installation and Setup
It’s easy to upgrade to a Simrad autopilot system, with simple DIY installation possible aboard many vessels. The AP44 offers automatic tuning to ensure optimal performance, with a simple on-screen commissioning process to step you through dockside configuration and sea trial. Add the Simrad Precision-9 compass for automatic calibration, which both simplifies setup and works to fine-tune heading accuracy as you travel.
- Weight: 0,32 kg (0,7 lbs)
- NMEA 2000 Connectivity: 1 X NMEA2000 Micro-C port 3 LEN
- Power Consumption typical: 1,35W
- Power Consumption max: 1,8W
- Dimensions W x H x D: 118 x 115 x 48,5mm (4,6 x 4,5 x 1,9")
- Supply Voltage:12V DC (10,8-15,6V DC)
- Warranty Period: 2 years
- Operating Temperature Range: -25° to +65ºC (-13°F to +149 ºF)
- Compass Safe: 300MM (11,8")
- Display Resolution: 320 x 240, 4:3
- Storage Temperature Range: -40° to +85ºC (-40°F to +185 ºF)
- Screen Brightness: 600 nits
- Viewing Angles: 80° top/bottom, 80° left/right
- Approvals Compliance: CE 60945
- Manouevres Turn Patterns: C-turn, U-turn, Spiral, Zigzag, Square, S-turn, Depth countertracking, Tack, Gybe
- Languages: English(US), English(UK), Danish, German, Spanish, French, Greek, Icelandic, Italian, Dutch, Norwegian, Portuguese, Brazilian, Swedish, Afrikaans, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Bulgarian, Hebrew, Hungarian, Slovak, Russian, Ukrainian
- Mounting Type: Flush
- Steering Modes: Heading, No drift, Waypoint Steering(NAV), Wind, Power Steer(FU)
- Waterproofrating: IPx7
- Interface: Keypad and rotary dial
- Compasssensor support: NMEA 2000
- Humidity: Up to 100% RH
- Engine Drive systems integration: Volvo EVC, Yamaha, Optimus(Seastar)Backlight
- Color: White
- Minimum product requirements:
A compatible autopilot computer, drive unit, heading sensor, and other hardware are required to create a complete Simrad autopilot system; autopilot packs are available to suit many common steering setups. No Drift steering also requires an NMEA 2000® connected GPS receiver. Depth Contour Tracking also requires a compatible echosounder module.