The Grayling Slayer, as it is called, is a well proven highly effective pattern.
The Grayling Slayer, as it is called, is a well proven highly effective pattern. The idea was to have a small fly with a heavy bead to get it down in the water column quickly. The mylar ribbing adds as an extra trigger point along with the orange collar.
Bead size 14: TC 3mm
Bead size 16: TC 2,3-2,5mm
• Fish Species: Grayling Trout
• Fly Type: Nymph Euro Nymph
• Hook Type: Fasna F-420 Jig 1x Strong, barbless.
• Imitation: Attractor Fly Caddis Fly
• Stage: Pupa
• Usable in: Rivers
• When to use: Whole season