The legend began back in 1872 when a young man named William Hardy started a gunsmithing business in Alnwick, Northumblerland. It could well have been the end of the story, had it not been for the fact that the talented engineer Lord Armstrong had persuaded William to bring his brother, John James, into the business. In 1874, the Hardy brothers began to advertise that they also had superior equipment for fishing streams and rivers. After that, things took off and one of the world's top fishing companies had taken a hold of the market that they have yet to relinquish!
Show more Show less