The Simrad AP48 Rotary Autopilot Head Controller has been engineered for ultimate clarity, responsiveness, and ease of use in all conditions. An optically bonded 4.1-inch colour display delivers clear visibility, while a large aluminium rotary control dial and dedicated ‘dodge keys’ enable quick and accurate heading adjustments.
- Intuitive autopilot interface with an extended keypad
- Large, heavy-duty rotary control dial for precision steering
- Optically bonded 4.1-inch colour display
- Dedicated one-degree and ten-degree dodge keys
- Automated turn patterns for fuel-efficient, hands-free manoeuvres
- No Drift steering holds your course against wind and tide
- Depth contour tracking makes it easy to fish ledges and drop-offs
- Easy setup with auto tuning and calibration
- Low-profile glass helm design
Intuitive Autopilot Control:
The AP48 combines the same intuitive interface of the compact AP44 with a larger rotary control dial, dedicated ‘dodge’ keys, and other extended keypad controls. The AP48’s rotary dial enables precise steering adjustments, while dodge keys enable instant heading changes in one-degree or ten-degree increments. Designed for optimal control in all conditions, the AP48’s large buttons are ideal for use with wet or gloved hands. To ensure all-weather visibility, an optically bonded display panel eliminates the possibility of condensation or fogging within the display. Transflective LCD technology makes use of reflected sunlight to brighten rather than obscure the screen, delivering superior daytime visibility and lower power consumption compared to traditional backlit displays.
Easy Access to Advanced Features:
Your Simrad autopilot can do much more than keep you on course. The AP48 gives you easy access to a range of built-in turn patterns designed to assist with fishing, diving, or just making a quick and efficient U-turn. No Drift Steering counteracts the effects of wind and tide; making it easy to maintain a straight track over ground on your current heading, without having to manually set a waypoint or route. Depth Contour Tracking works to maintain a constant depth of water beneath your boat, and is an ideal tool for fishing ledges and drop-offs.
Low-Profile ‘Glass Helm’ Design:
Designed to complement Simrad glass helm displays, instruments, and controllers, the AP48 features modern styling with a low flush-mount profile of just eight millimetres excluding the rotary dial. A smart layout maximises the size of the AP48’s display and controls, while keeping its overall footprint down to enable easy flush-mount installation almost anywhere. Alternatively, the controller can be bracket mounted to allow even more installation options.
Minimum product requirements:
A compatible autopilot computer, drive unit, heading sensor, and other hardware are required to create a complete Simrad autopilot system. No Drift steering also requires an NMEA 2000® connected GPS receiver. Depth Contour Tracking also requires a compatible echosounder module.
-Weight: 0,51 kg (1,13 lbs)
-NMEA 2000 Connectivity: 1 X NMEA2000 Micro-C port 5 LEN
- Supply Voltage: 12V DC (10,8-15,6V DC)
- Dimensions W x H x D: 177 x 115 x 56mm (7 x 4,5 x 2,2")
- Warranty Period: 2 years
- Power Consumption typical: 2,3W
- Operating Temperature Range: -25° to +65ºC (-13°F to +149 ºF)
- Compass Safe: 300MM (11,8")
- Display Resolution: 320 x 240, 4:3
- Power Consumption max: 3W
- Storage Temperature Range: -40° to +85ºC (-40°F to +185 ºF)
- Screen Brightness: 600 nits
- Viewing Angles: 80° top/bottom, 80° left/right
- Approvals Compliance: CE 60945
- Manouevres Turn Patterns: C-turn, U-turn, Spiral, Zigzag, Square, S-turn, Depth countertracking, Tack, Gybe
- Languages: English(US), English(UK), Danish, German, Spanish, French, Greek, Icelandic, Italian, Dutch, Norwegian, Portuguese, Brazilian, Swedish, Afrikaans, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Bulgarian, Hebrew, Hungarian, Slovak, Russian, Ukrainian
- Mounting Type: Flush, Bracket
- Steering Modes: Heading, No drift, Waypoint Steering(NAV), Wind, Power Steer(NFU, FU)
- Waterproofrating: IPx7
- Interface: Keypad and rotary dial
- Compasssensor support: NMEA 2000
- Engine Drive systems integration: Volvo EVC, Yamaha, Optimus(Seastar)
- Backlight Color: White
What's in the box?
N2KEXT-15RD 15ft Network Extension Cable
N2K-T-RD Network T-Connector